Tuesday, February 01, 2011

My Felting World

Namaste,


Hi all,
I am sorry, but I could not keep up with my idea of presenting my favorite feltmakers once a week ... I will try to do it at least once a month (?????)... I said, I will try... ;)

But in the meantime I would like to show you what is going on lately in my Felting world:

**Finally ,after so many requests I finished my husband's slippers and hat... I also made one pair of slippers for myself!!! ... with this cold weather around here, we have been using them all the time!!! so cozy, so warm...







**Past Nuno Felting Class was great!! One of the students had a disastrous experience in the past trying to make a Nuno scarf, but I assured her that she would have a beautiful one at the end of the class and she did...





***Coming Workshops

Nuno Felting Scarf Workshop l


Students will learn how to create a beautiful 'Nuno Felt' (Nuno means fabric in Japanese)
Nuno-felting is gaining attention in finer galleries and the fiber art world for the amazing lightweight, highly textured fabric resulting from its use. Nuno is easy to learn and involves felting a small amount of colored wool into a pre-existing fabric, such as silk. No felting experience is necessary.

Please, since you're standing most of the time and get wet occasionally during class, I advice to wear comfortable shoes and clothes
.






Students will create a seamless felt hat with unique style and functional piece of artwork to wear, by using roving and plastic template.
Different styles to choose.
Template plastic will be yours to take it home.

Please, since you're standing most of the time and get wet occasionally during class, I advice to wear comfortable shoes and clothes.

Students must bring:
large bath towel

 Small Classes

 February 5th, Nuno Scarf Class 11-4:30


 February 12th, Felt a hat Class 11-4:30


Where:
68 Jay Street
Brooklyn, NY

Namaste!!!!

2 comments:

Peixesempeixes said...

Bom dia Iona,


Gostei muito desse seu espaço, já havia aparecido aqui algumas vezes, breve, mas agora olharei com calma, manhã de domingo bom em casa,... os pássaros cantam lá fora, e eu com uma xícara de café fumegante aqui... Obrigado por me seguir no Peixesempeixes. Tenha um excelente domingo, abraços... Adicionei seu link de página no blog, oquei.

Alexandre Heberte

Flokinhos de Lã said...

ola amiga

desculpa a minha falda de tempo..mas nao pude deixar de comantar estas peças magnificas ..amei os sapatinho amei

beijos